Monday, January 29, 2007

Lé Sigh...

Took part in the DKC's Winter Workshops over the weekend. They were great! I learn how to fibre blend with hand carders, deciphered charts, mastered the YO, upgraded my finishing techniques and created a soft sculptor with needle felting. The attendance was incredibly low. So low, in fact, that classes had to be canceled. (Oh knitting community, where were thou??!) I really enjoyed the hand carding. Does anyone have a pair of carders they want to get rid of cheaply?

In knitting news, I don't have much to offer. Slouch is still finished but the matching scarf isn't really happening (although I tried to knit a dickie-like object, but I cast on too many stitches and it was a bit big). I did finish Paul's arm warmers (which he seems to love). I finished the ears for the finished hat part of Kitty Hat (now I just need to attach them). And I ripped out the sleeves for Tithe and restarted them on the correct sized needles (yes I was using the wrong needle size).

Now I must go back to running around like a chicken so I can join a few ladies out for drinking and knitting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jacquie, just found your knitting blog, thanks for leaving the comment on mine. You will have to tell me how your Noro sweater knits up (I have been overly fussy with mine).

Sandi Purl said...

wow, i didn't know there was low attendance. the math class was packed! strange. I think i may have a groovy pattern for you and your dickie idea. can't wait to see the kitty kap!