Monday, April 16, 2007

I got stuff...

I acquired a few things over the week and I thought I would share. On Thursday, I got 6 skeins of mystery wool for $10. I think I figured out what the mystery wool is, buuuuuuut I'm not sure if I'm correct. I think it Manos del Uruguay. Seriously. The gauge is right. And looking at yarndex.com it seems to match colourway #102. If I am correct, I totally scored! If I'm not right than I still scored but just not totally. I did just buy a "Manos Jacket" pattern at Alterknit yesterday that I think will work perfectly whether or not it is Manos.



Friday my Knit Picks order came. I finally took the plunge and bought a ball winder. Why I waited so long, I don't know. And I bought some of their Options sock size circular needles. Not as exciting as the mystery yarn, but pretty cool none-the-less.

The best news of the week is that I'm in the home stretch of Tithe. I'm on the final piece - the left front. Thanks to all the knitting I accomplished yesterday with friends, coffee, chocolate cake and waffles I was able to begin the decrease for the armpit last night. My sweater will be ready just in time for Spring!


3 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

Where did you make this score? Wish I could have met up with you guys...hopefully will make it Wednesday and Friday nights.

Emma said...

Sounds to me like you definitely scored. Congrats!

Peggy said...

Maybe you can finish it tomorrow night. But wait... tomorrow is DKC... darn. Really wanted to see the 4 pieces together.