Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dropping the figurative bomb

Ok, so I have to make this news public eventually and now is as good of time as any.

*deep breath*

I'm moving back to San Francisco.

There I said it. Although, it doesn't feel real. But it is. The Hubs is going back to his old job (with new peeps and projects) and his first day is June 2nd. I dunno when I'll be leaving the amazing city of Toronto but my guess is anytime between late-June to early-August.

I'm still in a bit of shock. Of course, I'm not disappointed that I'm moving back. I just didn't think it would ever happen. And it's not like I've been scheming and hoping ever since I arrived here almost 3 years ago. However an opportunity fell in our lap and we couldn't help but see if it was possible and where it would take us.

What I am incredibly sad about is the community I will be leaving behind. The knitting and all it's wonderful souls. The urban exploration peeps. I've never experienced anything like this. I wish I could pack them up and take them with me. But I know I can't. So for now, I hope to enjoy all your company as much as I can until I depart.

And if you're mad, I totally understand. But if it will make you feel any better there will always be a couch with your name on it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My FAVORITE city besides New York!
Go you two! Can I sleep on the couch?

shyknitter said...

I am sorry to hear you will be leaving this fair city, but you have definitely left your mark (and not just stitch markers) in more than a few places. You will always have a second home in T.O., with many friends to come back to. And in this day and age, you are never any further than a click away. Best of luck!!

Not An Artist said...

Is it a comfy couch? Mwah. We'll miss you but how can we be mad? Stuff happens and hey, I'd jump at a chance to live/work in San Francisco too!

Peggy said...

We'll miss you!! XXXXXOOOOO

Soosan said...

Well send my congrats to Paul! Important decisions are often the most difficult, and are rarely the wrong ones! :) Now I have even more reason to visit "The San" (does anyone call it that? they totally should).

Dr. Steph said...

Wow. I'll miss you. But I'm also going to come and visit.

2D Girl said...

Wow! I'm sad to not have a chance to get to know you better, but I am excited for you to move back to place that you love. I'll enjoy 'staying in touch' in blogland.

Hope to see you at In the Loop sometime before you leave.