Saturday, July 12, 2008

A looooong overdue thank you...

So I've been on the coast and in the desert of So. Cal. to help my employer with some riveting market research for the last week which has made it virtually impossible to blog about the most aweseomest par-tay. The coolest thing? It was for me!!

On July 4th (how fitting, eh?), the knitters of Toronto gave me an amazing send off at The Purple Purl organized by the delightful Lady Lung Doc. The party wasn't a surprise (especially since my work threw a wrench into the party cogs) but I have to say the turnout was. I really felt the love. And the biggest surprise? The community afghan! I didn't take any photos but Michelle has a great recap (and the most adorable picture of me that I've seen in a long time... ok, maybe ever).

There was lots of almost crying from me. I was proud that I was able to keep it together enough that I didn't start blubbering all over the place.... cuz that's what I do when I'm met with any type of happy/sad emotional situation... the waterworks start. I hope that everyone that was there felt the love back. I am so happy that I found this amazing group of folks. You are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met. I'm devastated that I'm leaving such an amazing community. I am seriously going to miss EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!!!! As I've said before (and I really mean it) you are all welcome to crash on my couch/Aerobed® when we have a place to call our own - which at this moment feels like never but that is another post for another time.

A giganto shout out goes to the Lady Lung Doc herself. (Wootwoot!) Check out her flickr set of the afghan and if you contributed a square than make a note on one of the close up shots she's got going. I want to know who did what square(s)!

Also a big thanks goes out to Jen and Miko for always making the Purple Purl the most welcoming place on earth.

And hugs to everyone who came to the party!

Ok, now I'm gonna go cry. But it's a good cry, I promise! *sniff!*

PS: If you're in TO, I'm hosting my last knitting at the HOS on Sunday (the 20th). Drop me a note if you need the deets.

3 comments:

tapeheads said...

I'm so sorry I missed the party! And I probably won't see you before you leave either! This summer has totally gotten away from me.
Hope the move goes well. I'm really glad I got to know you while you were here.

MezzoDiva said...

Hey, Jackay!
Sorry I couldn't make it to the partay! I'm squares 1D and 9E.
Wishing you well on and sad that I only started to get to know you as you were getting ready to leave!

Not An Artist said...

It was an excellent party :D