Thursday, May 07, 2009

The FO parade...

I've not completely abandoned this blog. I know it kinda seems like I have. I will admit that I've been a bit distracted with Twitter and Ravelry but it hasn't sucked up all my time. Honestly I've been enjoying my knitting time and I find that when I have free time I'd rather knit either in a comfy chair at home or at one of the many cafés that are in walking distance from my house then sit in front of the computer. I feel like a bit of an old lady! But with the selection of cafés at least I'm an old lady who gets out of the house.

Now to get you caught up on my recent FOs. First off, gift knitting! When I saw the patterns that dangercrafts created I squeeeeeed with delight and bought a bunch. And when I knew I was going to be seeing a friend's totally adorables daughter I knit one up lickety-split:

DSC_1867.jpg

EASTER BEATRICE
Started: April 11, 2009
Completed: April 11, 2009
Pattern: Beatrice and Bernard The Inseparable Bunny and Bear by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: White Buffalo Elena
Color: uhhh... dark pink... mauve...pink/purple... #220
Skeins: .25
Needles: 5mm/US 8 Knitpicks Options
Notes: It's the cutest 8" tall toy ever.

Remember my Personal Sock Club? I kinda did a rush job talking about the last three months but I've been doing a good job of keeping on top of the bag pulling. Below are April's bag. How awesome are they? This fine yarn was hand dyed by Lisa the Goth and they are my most favorite socks. Everything is perfect about them: the knitting, the striping, the colors, the softness. They are faboo!

DSC_1921

GENERIC STASH DOWN #2
Started: April 2, 2009
Completed: April 17, 2009
Pattern: just generic toe-up
Yarn: Needle Addict's Hand Dyed
Color:Tropical Murk
Skeins: 2
Needles: 3mm/US 2.5 Knitpicks Options
Notes: My Personal Sock Club project for April. Did Judy’s Magic Cast-On and started with 20 stitches (10 on each needle). Increased to 56 stitches with a plain ol’ m1. Knit the foot until it was 8” long. Knit leg until 6.25” long and then did 2x2 ribbing for .75”. Did both afterthought heels last.

And the big finale? My Lady February Sweater. Made out of Malabrigo Silky Merino. I love it so much.

DSC_1847.jpg

I'm A Lady Sweater

Started: January 31st, 2009
Completed: April 5, 2009
Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino
Color: Redwood Bark
Skeins: 6
Needles: 5.5mm/US 9 Knitpicks Options
Notes: This sweater fits perfectly so I haven't washed it yet. I believe this puppy will be going to the dry cleaners as I hear this sweater groooooooows when blocked. Also, I wish I hadn't been lazy and knit from two balls at a time. One of my skeins was lighter than the others and you can kinda see it.


I'm knitting quickly on more projects then I'd like to be working on at one time. Maybe I'll post about those later.

3 comments:

Betharoopie said...

Oooh! Me likey! That sweater is beautiful, just like you! :)

yoel said...

Wow! That's a lot of FOs! The feb lady looks gorgeous and fits wonderfully. Great job!

Yvette said...

So pretty! Way to go.