Wednesday, November 22, 2006

a slight pity party

Do you ever have that feeling that no matter what you touch turns to gold? Every new task you take to hand ends up like something you've done a thousand and one times? Like you wanna hold a master's class on how awesome you really are?

Right now I having the opposite feeling.

Everything I touch needs to be ripped, frogged, redone and thrown back in the basket with a big ol' "mea culpa" flying from my lips.

- I'm dropping stitches as if the pattern actually calls for them.
- I'm decreasing in new and imaginative (read: incorrect and lumpy) ways.
- And most importantly, I'm not getting any satisfaction out of the items I'm knitting.

Is Jupiter in retrograde, or what?!!! There has got to be some explanation other than I am not awesome. I hope.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

The awesomeness is storing itself up for a giant *flashbang* that will go on for a really long time.

And despite the feelings of what-the-heck-is-going-on-ness, you're still awesome.

LadyLungDoc said...

Nothing that can't be cured by buying yourself some new yarn ;)