Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sunday High Tea...

Silly me! I was soooo tired last night when I made my weekend post that I completely forgot to mentioning High Tea at The Knit Cafe on Sunday. The funny thing is that I was *sure* I wrote something about it, but alas I didn't.

I met up with
Sophie, Sandi and Mel for a late afternoon treat of delectable delights catered by Vanilla & Salt caterers. There were no finger sandwiches or quiches but what we did get was mouth-watering good. I can't remember the actual names of the treats but we had curried pumpkin wrapped in philo and mini cheesecakes with apricot(?) compote goat cheese and spinach and carmalized onions tarts and pear, apple and pistachio tarts. All washed down with the zingiest, perkiest lemony rooibos tea I've ever had. And we got to knit the afternoon away. Not only that, we got to meet Sully! Sully doesn't knit from a pattern. She doesn't need to. She showed off her beautiful hats and scraves and two sweaters -- all in original designs. And people, she knitted them without using a pattern. I'm telling you this is serious. Seriously beautiful stuff! Sophia was there as well and it was so nice to see her as she's forsaken our s'n'b for others closer to her place. Hopefully we sufficiently guilted her into coming back at least once in a while.

It was great fun and I highly recommend it! The Knit Cafe hold High Tea at 1:00pm and 3:00pm on the first Sunday of the month. Call them to make reservations.

1 comment:

Not An Artist said...

Ooooh, wonderful. I did High Tea with the Kelli last month and it was fabulous. Glad you had a good time!