Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm back!

San Francisco was wonderful! Unfortunately I don't have much to say about the flat we're looking to buy so probably best you don't ask. Or if you ask, don't be surprised if I kinda shuffle my feet and exhale heavily. It's not you... it's the situation. I promise!

However, I will try to sum up the best I can here. We're still in negotiations and it seems that we will be in negotiations for a while. Not fun! I mean, we have a LOT to figure out before we can even consider ourselves in the homestretch. But we did accomplish quite a bit in a short amount of time: we had the inspection, met the other potential (uncooperative) buyers and learned that there is a stubborn-as-hell/disillusioned tenant in the first floor that is going to throw everything into flaming tailspin. But besides all that, I did have time to have a good time.

I started a new project that I call "Lace on a Motherf#cking Plane." But I think the official pattern name is Wabenshal.

P1060726.JPG

Yes, it looks like a g-string but I promise it is not. This was taken at the beginning of my first leg out of Toronto. I've done a lot more but not as much as I would have liked. There was a bit of unknitting and cussing. Hence the name I gave it.

Just as a side note, I have a new fascination with sitting in the window seat. I've been an aisle seat girl for quite a long time. I guess since I've been flying so much in the last two years, my actual fear of flying has started to diminish - which I guess is good as I like not getting rammed by the food/drink cart all throughout the trip! Anyways, I loved these cloud formations and I wanted to share.

P1060729.JPG

Things I did while in town:

P1060736.JPG

- checked out SF Opera's Lucia di Lammermoor FREE simulcast in AT&T Park and got to hang out with my very good friend.
- went to the SFMOMA and elbowed my way through the Frida Kahlo exhibit
- danced to afrobeat at the Stern Grove Festival
- ate awesome food with more good friends

P1060745.JPG

I know you're probably like, "Ummmmm...that doesn't look like food." But it is. And it was deelish. It was "white chicken and sausage in a tomato curry sauce" with french fries. Don't ask me what the actual German name was because I definitely don't know. But I will say that if you ever find yourself in Hayes Valley on a Sunday morning you should run to Suppenküche for hearty (or heartstopping) German food that will make you cry like a baby. It's that good.

P1060747.JPG

Oh, and their beer list will make even make this man want to come to brunch EVERY Sunday.

No comments: