Friday, June 13, 2008

Show me the progress!

Hey, this is a knitting blog right?! The last time I gave an actual knitting report it was back in March. Unfortunately I don't have any FOs to show off but at least I do have a few things on the needles. With everything going on it's hard to find time for them but I am plugging away. So, it's time for a little show and tell:

P1060620.JPG

I started this at the end of April and even though it's a brainless knit it's too heavy to carry around with me. Made out of Dye-Version's Chunky Cotton (colour: Smoke) which I bought at last year's DKC Knitter's Frolic. I love the subtle colour change between the black, silver and mint. I'm not a big fan of cotton because of its splittiness but I do like the feel of this yarn after it's knit up - it has a really silky smooth feel. And it smells yummy! Maybe from the dye? Once I couldn't carry it with me on the TTC I lost interest in working on it and so it's been sitting around since then. In addition, in it's unfinished state it doesn't photograph very well. Good news is I'm very close to being done. What will the be when finished? A wrap. Hopefully.

P1060537.JPG

This project I'm very excited about. If I could only manage this simple lace pattern! The yarn (Firbra Natura Mermaid) at first didn't thrill me but the more I worked with it the more I loved it. It's soft, light and has a great depth of colour (Turkish Tile - how exotic!). I can't wait for it to be done. However I've done as much unknitting as I've done knitting. But that's okay! It's a vest, right?! It won't take THAT much more time. I guess.