Thursday, November 27, 2008

Trip #2

As all good children know that when a steal of a plane fare jumps in your inbox you better take it, because if your folks find out that you passed up on a $300 ticket to visit them they'll be sorely disappointed. And that's how my second trip came about. Very last minute and incredibly cheap. Plus I didn't want to dissappoint the folks!

Honestly, I don't visit my parents as often as I should and my excuse for it isn't a very good one. They live out in the middle of nowhere and there's not much to do except eat and go to the Walmart. And since I'm not a fan of Walmart (I'm a Target Girl) we end up eating. A lot. And on this trip I ate stuff that I can't find easily in healthy California. Like shrimp 'n' grits, country fried steak and BBQ - just to name a few things that I sucked down with such wild abandon that it made me giddy.

But the coolest thing was that I was able to be in town for my Grandma's 91st birthday. And we celebrated with cake and chinese food. It was awesome!

P1070160.JPG

No comments: